The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) was established in 2005 as a non-profit organization and networking alliance of African Field Epidemiology (and Laboratory) Training Programs (FELTPs), and other applied epidemiology training programs.
The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) seeks the services of candidates to fill the vacant position for the Nigerian Field Epidemiology and Training Program (NFELTP) program below:
Job Title: Survey Manager
The responsibilities of the Survey Manager include;
- Support the LAGAIS state secretariat in planning and coordination of all survey related activities
- Active liaising all stakeholders and implementing partners
- Support the LAGAIS state secretariat in documentation of survey related activities
- Provide oversight and direction for state-level trainings
- Provide oversight and direction for report writing for the LAGAIS
- Provide logistics for timely retrieval of any completed hard copy questionnaires, incident forms, requisite forms etc.
- Work with the data management team to ensure success of the data collection procedures for the LAGAIS
- Support dissemination of survey results including production of charts, maps, presentations and technical briefs/fact sheets on the outcome of the survey
- Attend all technical meetings
- Work with the TC to ensure the prompt day to day running of LAGAISconduct, following the timeline
- Be prepared to work weekends and travel to enumeration areas when need be
- Comprehensive weekly report of survey processes and proceedings
- Central-level training planning, implementation and reporting
- Presentation slides for dissemination of survey findings
- Trip reports (for trips made during the contract period)
- Log of activities related to contract implementation
- Documentation of lessons learnt during the survey period
- End-of-survey report – Survey reports including fact sheets, technical briefs and full survey report
- A university Degree in Medicine with an MPH or its equivalent, with a minimum of 5-years relevant experience in HIV/AIDS programs
- A sound understanding of HIV/AIDS surveys in resource constrained settings
- A PhD or fellowship in public health or related field will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated experience in the leadership, design, implementation, management and tracking/monitoring of HIV surveys.
Application Closing Date
22nd March, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interested candidates should submit their applications and addressing the minimum requirements as per the advertisement.
- Candidates should indicate the appropriate position in their application letter.
- AFENET is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.