We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Specialist – Compliance & Regulatory
Job Number: 2829187
Business: GE Global Growth Organization
Business Segment: Global Growth Organization Africa
- The Compliance Counsel is responsible for developing and implementing compliance strategy and programs in West Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa (“SSA”) more broadly, with particular emphasis on supporting GE businesses.
- The SSA’s Compliance department’s key focus is to build, maintain and continuously improve the compliance culture through prevention, detection and response of compliance issues and implementation of core compliance processes.
- This is a key appointment within the GE SSA team, and the principal tasks include:
- Providing strong compliance support and leadership to GE businesses.
- Focusing on Operational compliance, process improvements, training, and driving annual risk assessment and mitigation processes.
- Working with the businesses to develop an effective sustainable compliance program (e.g. policy and procedures implementation, third party due diligence and approvals, Session Ds, regulatory & compliance councils, etc.).
- Supporting the Spirit & Letter program in GE SSA, and other business specific compliance programs.
- Lose coordination with the P&L business leaders to monitor compliance risks, action plans and support overall strategies to grow while ensuring compliance risk is limited.
- Supporting Ombuds network by creating open reporting environment; ensure issues are investigated and closed quickly and appropriate actions taken
- Actively participate in selection, due diligence and annual training of channel partners and distributors
- Maintain and continuously improve compliance measures, dashboards, and operating metrics as applicable to different functions
- Conducting compliance training along with business leadership – Compliance Leadership Training, New Hire training, etc
- Developing strong communication plan and work proactively with all team members to drive compliance communications and guidance to business leaders, assuring customer satisfaction.
- Leading and support investigations and audits
- Supporting the GGO Chief Compliance Officer delivering GE A&NZ’s overall compliance and enterprise risk strategy and program
- Identify and execute special projects as needed, including development of new compliance tools/programs to address business needs and emerging risks.
- Travel within SSA and overseas as required from time to time
- Minimum of 8 years related work experience, including dealing with third parties and due diligence.
- Experience in a senior Compliance or Legal role.
- Compliance, Audit, Financial Reporting experience desirable
- Experience managing Regulatory relationships an advantage
- Experience in implementation of Compliance Programs
- Sound understanding of GE processes
- Experience conducting investigations.
- Demonstrated ability to influence senior and mid-level management
- Proven ability to create and execute appropriate strategy.
- Strong organizational and project management skills. Strong process, execution and operational skills.
- Ideal candidate should be a process oriented professional.
- Demonstrable influencing and advocacy skills in a complex environment
- Strong and effective oral and written communication skills, across all levels
- Relationship builder
- Able to influence in a matrix environment and be an agent of change
- Strong lateral thinker
- Excellent process and project management skills
- Strong organization ability, prioritization and attention to detail
- Experience and confidence of presenting to high level audiences
- High-energy, self-motivated, confident leader willing to take on responsibilities across geographic and business boundaries.
- Proactive, self-driven and motivated
- Customer-orientated and responsive
- Prepared to make difficult and/or unpopular decisions if necessary
- Team player
- Unyielding integrity
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online