Onstream Group – With more than three decades of global industry experience, the company is now structured as a group of business units, each with its own specialisations. Through these units, the Group can provide tailored services to address the needs of our clients worldwide in the most effective and competitive manner.
The Onstream Group constantly searches for new solutions for our clients, adapting to current needs and changing industry trends, staying competitive globally and gaining market share.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Payment Officer
- Receives cheques on behalf of the company after ensuring that the vouchers and supporting documents are duly approved in line with the Synthesis of Delegated Authorities (DOA) and deposit same in the bank.
- Processing of inter-ventures payments and group invoices.
- Participate in the entire automatic payments process, which includes Invoice selection/gathering, Checking, Editing, Validation, Printing of payment instructions, Obtaining signatures, and Transmission to the respective banks.
- Processing of payments by drafts/cheques/Remita to statutory bodies and government agencies, ensuring adherence to due dates. Examples include: Withholding tax, Custom duties, DPR fees, PHCN, etc.
- Reprocessing of returned payments, working in concert with other sections in Finance to solve any problem associated with non-payment of vendors and ensuring that payment is reprocessed in good time.
- Contribute to payments forecast, showing the expected payments to be made at a later date (i.e. value date) for each entity
- Liaise with banks on payment related issues.
- Ensure that SOX documentations and compliance are adhered to.
Controls & Risk Management:
- Responsible for the custody of the physical cash in the petty cash office
- Responsible for custody of payment documents and instruments.
- B.Sc in Accountancy or Economics, minimum of 2-5 years Post-Graduation experience in an Oil and Gas Upstream company.
- Good organisational, Analytical, Inter-personal skills and high level of integrity.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online