Jhpiego, an affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families. In collaboration with UNITAIDS, Jhpiego will be implementing a Malaria-in-Pregnancy (MIP) project. This project aims to scale up an innovative, community-based approach to expand coverage of intermittent preventive treatment in pregnancy (lPTp), with quality assured sulphadoxine-pyrimethamine (SP), for pregnant women.
The project will operate over a five-year period. Jhpiego hereby invites applications from highly resourceful, experienced and dynamic professionals for the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will provide technical leadership and strategic direction for monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities for an upcoming UNITAID project to expand access to preventive chemotherapy for pregnant women in Nigeria.
- This project aims to scale up an innovative, community-based approach to expand coverage of intermittent preventive treatment in pregnancy (IPTp), with quality assured sulphadoxine-pyrimethamine (SP), for pregnant women.
- This includes providing technical leadership to capture project performance results and provide effective, accurate and timely monitoring, evaluation and reporting of all project activities.
- Advisor will work closely with the M&E team to design, implement and supervise project M&E activities, ensuring that lessons learned are integrated into program implementation to continuously improve quality of interventions and outcomes.
- M&E Advisor will oversee the implementation of the Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP) to capture project performance and results, including routine service delivery data reporting. The successful candidate will coordinate and standardize M&E activities with three other UNITAID countries and Jhpiego HQ
All staff members of Jhpiego, regardless of the level of their responsibilities are expected to:
- Model the mission and values stated above
- Participate in the business development processes
- Contribute to the knowledge sharing and transfer process
- Make responsible decisions that result in time and cost containment and clear accountability
- Participate in multiple teams, adopt team spirit, take responsibility for action items assigned nd provide feedback as needed
- Multitask, be able to manage competing priorities and be able to prioritize in order to meet program and/or organizational objectives
- Advanced degree in International Public Health, Demography, Statistics, Social Sciences or related field or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of work experience in monitoring and evaluating large, multi-year international health sector development programs (approximately $1OM per year>.
- Proven expetise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, operations research, health management information systems, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation.
- Demonstrable analytical skills and experiences to identify and evaluate best practices and state-of-the-art approaches to be utilized by the project.
- Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork and planning skills with proven ability to function effectively with multiple host-country counterparts in
- both the public and NGO sectors.
- M&E experience in malaria and maternal and child health care.
- Appreciation for socio-cultural differences in countries, preferably having lived and worked in one or more low resource settings.
- Strong technical skills, including ability to process and analyze data using one or more statistical software packages, including at least one of the following: SPSS, Epi-Info, Stata, MS Access.
- Excellent facilitation, oral and written communications skills in English.
- Ability to travel nationally.
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Application Closing Date
28th March, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an application letter and a CV as on single word document to: email@example.com The title/subject of the email and application should be the position applied for.
- Applicants that do not adhere to the stated format of application will be disqualified. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for interview. Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- This position is contingent upon award from UNITAID. Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.