The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) was established in 2005 as a non-profit organization and networking alliance of African Field Epidemiology (and Laboratory) Training Programs (FELTPs), and other applied epidemiology training programs.
The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) seeks the services of candidates to fill the vacant position for the Nigerian Field Epidemiology and Training Program (NFELTP) program below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Duration of contract: One year
Work Hours: Full time (at least 40 hours /week)
Provide logistics support for program training and field activities:
- Support AFENET-NFELTP Administrator in compiling periodic AFENET/LAGAIS and Global fund program update reports.
- Support the program office in a variety of Administrative, financial and operational duties
- Performs a variety of routine to moderately skilled clerical support functions, including word processing, data entry, financial management, and other related duties as assigned;
- Works with AFENET-NFELTP Administrator to prepare and reconcile travel and operational expenses for program staff, residents and stakeholders for program and Global fund activities. Ensure payments are made timely and vouchers for reimbursement are accurate;
- Support AFENET-NFELTP Administrator in coordinating travel plans for program staff, residents and other program sponsored travelers assigned to AFENET/LAGAIS and Global fund related activities;
Support in maintaining field reports from residents and graduates assigned to core LAGAIS and Global fund activities:
- Screen all incoming calls and be responsible for messages getting to the supervisor
- Provide visitors with accurate and appropriate information and direct them to the proper area or personnel
- May receive and process information of a confidential nature; ensures such information is maintained in strict confidentiality;
- Perform any other duties /responsibilities as required.
- First University Degree in Social Science fields
- At least one year
- Language Proficiency: Working knowledge of English Language to be able to communicate with staff in the course of his/her work
- Ability to establish and maintain good relations with people at various levels and of different nationalities
- Job Knowledge: Proven knowledge of modern office procedures
- Skills and Abilities: Ms Word. Ms Excel
Application Closing Date
22nd March, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interested candidates should submit their applications and addressing the minimum requirements as per the advertisement.
- Candidates should indicate the appropriate position in their application letter.
- AFENET is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.