GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: ECDP Finance
- The Early Career Development Programme is a 12- month programme designed to develop entry-level talent for GE businesses across Africa. The programme purpose is to build expertise and leadership skills in specific areas of finance. The program includes classroom and online training. Candidates will undertake challenging assignments and benefit of exposure to GE senior leaders.
- As a key pipeline for future GE talent, the candidate will be required to provide support to the business in area such as financial planning, accounting services, operation analysis, controller ship, forecasting, treasury, and commercial finance.
- Support Accounts Payable team with accurate coding for all invoices
- Preparation of journals to correct any accounting errors or other entry during monthly / quarterly closing
- Participate in periodic profit & lass (DR4) analysis Controllership:
- Review of general ledger to ensure correct coding of all profit & loss entries
- Support with preparation of trial balance and supporting documentation for all statutory audits
- Ensure all journals are electronically filed and referenced for ease of access when required
- Support with closure of account reconciliation (ART) open items
- Support with preparation of accounts reconciliation to validate ending balances in the GL on a quarterly basis
- Support with monthly reconciliation of all payroll deduction accounts
- Support with monthly filing of all PAYE/WHT/VAT and other related taxes
- Publish accounts reconciliation dashboard during the quarterly rec cycleOthers
- Special projects: ad-hoc management reporting to support decision making
- Any other task that may be assigned by the “Other SSA” leadership team
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting sciences or related field
- GPA greater than or equal 3.0/4.0 overall
- Valid NYSC Certificate or Exemption Certificate will be required
- Authorized to work in one’s country full time without restrictions
- Must have advanced to fluent level of English
- Ability to work in fast paced changing environment
- Demonstrated team player; Confident self starter who has demonstrated drive
- Ability to independently prioritize multiple tasks and work to meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail ensuring timely follow-up and closure.
- Clear, concise and articulate communication skills – verbal, written and listening.
- Able to take on ad-hoc assignments and work flexible hours as required.
- Ability to handle business sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity.
- Good organizational and efficiency skills
- Experience working within a very busy environment where deadlines are clearly defined and must be met
- Ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- High performer with a passion to achieve positive business results
- Curiosity and desire to learn and expand skill set
- Flexible, adaptable, and open to change
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online