Jhpiego, an affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families. In collaboration with UNITAIDS, Jhpiego will be implementing a Malaria-in-Pregnancy (MIP) project. This project aims to scale up an innovative, community-based approach to expand coverage of intermittent preventive treatment in pregnancy (lPTp), with quality assured sulphadoxine-pyrimethamine (SP), for pregnant women.
The project will operate over a five-year period. Jhpiego hereby invites applications from highly resourceful, experienced and dynamic professionals for the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
- The Financial Officer will provide technical assistance for the day-to-day financial management of the implementation of an anticipated UNITAID project to expand access to preventive chemotherapy for pregnant women in Nigeria.
- Under the direct supervision of the Finance Manager, the Financial Officer -is primarily responsible for the financial management of the TIPTOP project.
- Responsibilities include the local financial management of the project and strict adherence to UNITAID accounting policies and procedures.
- With the support of the Finance Manager, s/he will ensure that the core initiatives and project activities are monitored for the key financial file.
- Review, reconcile and monitor all accounts, including major operating accounts of operations, and petty cash transactions involving cash advances.
- The successful candidate will ensure appropriate guarantees of local funds, and ensure compliance of expenditures with financial and accounting procedures of UNITAID, JHU and Jhpiego, review financial documents such as vouchers, invoices, delivery notes, purchase orders and other documents to ensure the completeness, accuracy and validity of financial data in the system
All staff members of Jhpiego, regardless of the level of their responsibilities are expected to:
- Model the mission and values stated above
- Participate in the business development processes
- Contribute to the knowledge sharing and transfer process
- Make responsible decisions that result in time and cost containment and clear accountability
- Participate in multiple teams, adopt team spirit, take responsibility for action items assigned nd provide feedback as needed
- Multitask, be able to manage competing priorities and be able to prioritize in order to meet program and/or organizational objectives
- First degree in Finance, Accounting, Commerce or equivalent experience.
- 5-6 years of financial or cost management experience in support of international development program operations.
- Experience in managing financial functions, for international non-profit organizations exceeding $10 million annually with multi-office, multi-national environment.
- Experience working with public and/or private donors.
- Knowledge of the principles of international donor cost principles, GAAP accounting rules, and grant/contract management, including contract grants.
- Working knowledge of financial software applications, databases and spreadsheets.
- Ability to speak and write fluently English.
- Ability to travel nationally.
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Application Closing Date
28th March, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an application letter and a CV as on single word document to: email@example.com The title/subject of the email and application should be the position applied for.
- Applicants that do not adhere to the stated format of application will be disqualified. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for interview. Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- This position is contingent upon award from UNITAID. Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.