Onstream Group – With more than three decades of global industry experience, the company is now structured as a group of business units, each with its own specialisations. Through these units, the Group can provide tailored services to address the needs of our clients worldwide in the most effective and competitive manner. The Onstream Group constantly searches for new solutions for our clients, adapting to current needs and changing industry trends, staying competitive globally and gaining market share.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounts Payable Officer
- Ensure the SOX compliance of all processed FI invoices, that it falls within the scope of those approved by Management to be accorded such treatment.
- Posting of invoices in respect of invoice processing procedures for each Expense document: FI, MM, Custom duties and Tax liabilities (Royalties, Gas Flared and Capital Tax).
- Control and validation of TEPNG and TEPNG DW expenditures of all elements registered within the accounting system (SAP) for all invoices and Credit Notes that will ensure the clarity of accounting treatment of the invoice to the external and internal auditors:
- Amounts and Transaction Currency, arithmetical controls
- Commitments (Purchase Order, Job Progress Certificate (JPC), etc.)
- General and Analytical Coding
- Payment Methods and Term of Payments
- V.A.T and Withholding Tax (W.H.T) deductions.
- Approvals (electronical or manual), according to the delegation of authorities procedures.
- Investigation and follow-up of non-postable invoices overdue for payment, due to JPC, GR not created/properly created.
- Control each invoice to be validated to ensure that no duplicated entry has been registered into the accounting system.
- Initiate, and coordinate all necessary actions to be taken by other IMP/web cycle actors, Payment or General Accountants, Cost Controllers and if necessary Technical Departments for the regularization of all Expense Documents which could not be validated.
- Intensive follow-up with Cost Controllers, Technicians, JPC Creators/Releasers of outstanding invoices in IMP workflow.
- Respond to circularisation letters received from external auditors of vendors.
- Investigate and respond to vendors enquiries.
- Analyze open items in the GLs 401*and 42* to ensure prompt payments are made.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time by hierarchies.
- B.Sc Accounting / Business related Degree.
- 2-5 years Work experience in an audit/accounting firm will be an added advantage
- Ability to use specialized accounting software and other Windows PC applications.
- Basic understanding of Oil and Gas Upstream operations.
- Highly developed inter personal skills, since job entails interactions (internally and externally).
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online