MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager – Sales, Northern Region
- To implement the sales strategy within the regional environment to ensure that regional targets across the full range of products is achieved.
- To manage and lead the regional sales managers towards sales, distribution and availability of MTN products and drive MTNN’s growth aspirations
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing the Division’s processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimization etc), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Participate in Contract negotiations to reduce cost and drive MTNN Value Creation Philosophy.
- Serve MTNN’s customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Partner effectively with MTNN’s critical high value customers to enhance MTN’s Corporate Brand
- Develop strategies and champion customer centric culture across the organization and develop/reform relationships with MTNN’s internal and external customers to transform the MTNN’s revenue.
- Drive an increase in MTNN’s Net Promoter Score
- Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity, including Perfect 10 Project.
- Partner with MTNN’s Ecosystem Partners to deliver business value.
- Collaborate with other business units in the development of business models for use in MTNN and develop measurement strategies to support ongoing strategy development and project optimization.
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Provide leadership to the sales and distribution team in the region.
- Ensure the achievement of the revenue, airtime sales, data device, data and VAS revenue and gross connection targets in the assigned region.
- Co-ordinate the regional engine room – a platform for cross-functional integration and collaboration in the region.
- Drive execution of MTNN’s retail agenda in the region – visibility and merchandising by retail formats, retail expansion across the traditional and non-traditional channels, retail loyalty program and relationship building.
- Execute the wholesale channel strategy in the region – relationship building with channel partners, execution of the loyalty programs, partner profitability and credit management.
- Ensure a consistent customer experience across all retail formats in the territory.
- Responsible for the regional opex and P&L.
- Ensure effective field coverage by both the direct and auxiliary sales force in the region and execution of go to market plans in the territory.
- Responsible for crafting and implementing a developmental and coaching program for the regional sales teams.
- Execute strategies and plans for sales and distribution in the region for sustainable channel growth and development including ‘go-to-market’ plans for the full bouquet of MTN products.
- Ensure the achievement of revenue, sales and acquisition target for both voice and data in the region, in line with network capacity and oversee regional dealership with MTN Trade partners and other sales channels to meet the overall regional sales target.
- Ensure territory coverage in terms of sales circle and set target of stock availability and management of recommended retail price (RRP) and monitor sales performance trend.
- Liaise with regional Stock/Inventory team to review sales and distribution performance (including stock availability) and submit
- Monthly, quarterly and yearly stock forecast for the region, across channels.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Coach and train the sales channel team in the region to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
Experience & Training
- Fluent in English and language of country preferable
- A first degree in Economics, Business Administration, Commerce or any Social Science degree
- Possession of a post graduate degree maybe an added advantage
- At least 10 years work experience comprising:
- Manager track record of 3 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- Sales experience in an FMCG environment, Services industry/Logistics environment
- Telecoms experience would be an added advantage
- Retail/ Distribution planning
- Continuous education on GSM marketing and Distribution (non-technical)
- Leadership skills
- BA, BEd, BSc or HND
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online