MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager, Disaster Recovery
- To provide specialist expertise in the implementation of common Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery processes; to work closely with Information Systems (IS) staff to evaluate, recommend, implement and monitor security architecture, tools, methods and standards.
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing the Division’s processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation etc), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Participate in Contract negotiations to reduce cost and drive MTNN Value Creation Philosophy
- Review business plans for MTN Nigeria and manpower imperatives for the organization and determine the organisation’s manning requirements/ manning levels and ensure efficient allocation of manpower for organization effectiveness.
- Serve MTNN’s customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Partner with MTNN’s Ecosystem Partners to deliver business value.
- Improve MTNN’s Net Promoters Score
- Collaborate with other business units in the development of business models for use in MTNN and develop measurement strategies to support ongoing strategy development and project optimization.
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Design and implement disaster recovery and business continuity procedures for re-establishing servers, databases, and operating systems in the event of a disruption.
- Assist in the formulation of business requirements, technology solutions and directions for disaster recovery.
- Develop and implement a Business Impact Analysis and formulate business continuity plans.
- Develop appropriate off site data and document repositories to be utilized if information were to be irretrievable at the head office due to a major disaster.
- Develop and implement a plan to provide fail-over capacity of all mission critical servers, applications and networks.
- Develop, review and standardize all recovery plans, including process and procedural standards to address routine, backup, redundancy and recovery architectures.
- Ensure the company’s data, data systems, infrastructure and networks are recoverable in the event of a disaster.
- Perform and analyze disaster simulations for the prompt restoration of services.
- Develop and manage the disaster recovery plan to ensure that, at all times, the recovery objectives of the business can be achieved.
- Identify the work and levels of services that can be supported by the disaster recovery systems.
- Investigate current performance areas of IS Systems disaster recovery infrastructure and identify bottlenecks and develop ideas for performance improvements and implementation.
- Review existing systems metrics and provide forecasts to management regarding systems requirements for disaster recovery and monitor trends, risk and impact analysis forecast for disaster recovery.
- Recommend Technology upgrades, reviewing status and Requirements with application owners and Technology groups and defining the approach needed to meet requirements.
- Determine critical business processes and establish resources required for the successful resumption of business operations in the event of a disaster.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Coach and train the team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
- Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Occasional local and international travel often at short notice
Experience & Training
- First Degree in any discipline preferably Computer Science or equivalent.
- ITIL, Disaster Recovery Certification.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline will be an added advantage.
- ITIL Manager Certificate will be an added advantage.
- 10 years comprising;
- Manager track record of 5 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- 4-6 year experience working in an enterprise Telecoms environment
- 3 years’ experience in Business continuity planning and implementation
- 3 years of experience in Disaster Recovery, planning, documentation and testing is preferred.
- Experience and Knowledge of various hardware platforms, Operating systems and applications currently in use in the industry
- Practical experience of disaster recovery methods and techniques
- Project Management methodologies (PMP or PRINCE2)
- Business Continuity and Contingency Planning
- BEng, BTech or HND.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online