MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager, Supply Chain Management Finance
Job Type: Permanent
- To provide leadership in ensuring a well-established and effective service procurement and Supply Chain management function including sourcing, demand planning and fulfillment, Supplier Performance Management as well as SCM Analysis and Reporting.
- Drive increase in Shareholder return by ensuring that Finance Processes are aligned to achieve all elements on the business score card. (E.g. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Champion/Sponsor review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation, business optimisation etc.), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Champion Contract negotiations to reduce cost and drive MTNN Value Creation Philosophy
- Assess resource requirements for the department and develop budget for the SCM function and regularly monitor resources of the department ensuring they are allocated and utilized in a cost effective and financially disciplined manner and in line with budget provisions.
- Position the supply chain function as an effective, strategic risk advisory and management service.
- Improve MTNN’s Net Promoters Score.
- Develop strategies and champion customer centric culture across the organization and develop/reform relationships with MTNN’s internal and external customers to transform the MTNN’s revenue.
- Provide Tax Advisory and Planning Services ensuring that MTN Nigeria meets all statutory and Legal Tax requirements
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity, including Perfect 10 Project.
- Drive outcomes of the Finance Internal Satisfaction Survey to improve satisfaction of MTNNers on procurement processes.
- Initiate the Practice of Strategic Cost Management and Supply Chain Efficiency.
- Present a monthly dynamic industry, competitor and economic context to Executive Management to drive business performance.
- Raise the level of Awareness and Implementation of Supply Chain Management Practices – proactiveness and alignment to business strategy.
- Provide technical leadership /advice in the formulation and development of SCM, policies/guidelines and ensure compliance of operations with MTN policies and procedures.
- Lead the formulation and execution of MTNN SCM’s vision and support efforts geared towards improving the logistics and service delivery systems that ensures that the Company maintains its leadership position in the Telecoms industry.
- Perform the leadership role in periodically reviewing, and where necessary, reengineering logistics processes as may be required to ensure alignment with the business operating model and to achieve more productive, efficient and valuable logistics activities.
- Centralize procurement administration and decentralize supply to minimize cost for the company as well as effectively utilise tender processes to generate a preferred suppliers list for all areas of the business.
- Track business trends and potential changes to the Group’s and/or Company’s business operating model(s) and determine the implications for Procurement and Support activities.
- Lead and collaborate with other business units in the development of business models for use in MTNN and develop measurement strategies to support ongoing strategy development and project optimization.
- Develop, maintain and monitor MTNN localization and empowerment strategy, procurement policies and procedures as well as ongoing cost reduction strategies.
- Ensure the SCM department effectively tracks, manages and reports on its operational performance, using approved metrics, and ensures the rigorous adherence to set targets, goals and timelines as defined in approved plans.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Provide operational leadership to lead team to deliver on business targets and improve overall departmental performance.
- Coach and mentor the SCM team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of all related job requirements and accountabilities and leverage human resources career development programs for staff career development.
- Identify, evaluate and track the development needs and performance of staff within the department, providing opportunities for staff to build on the company’s investment in their training and improve productivity.
- Deliver business value through partnership with MTNN’s Ecosystem Partners
- Partner effectively with MTNN’s critical high value customers to enhance MTN’s Corporate Brand
- Build partnerships and maintain strong relationships with senior management across all functions.
- Improve on the outcome of the Vendor Satisfaction Assessment
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- Long working hours might be required
- Experience & Training
- Fluent in English and language of country preferable
- First degree in Business or Supply Chain or related area of study
- Master’s Degree in Business Management or Supply Chain or related area of study
- Professional Qualification from a recognized Accounting Body (ICAN, ACA, CIMA) etc.
- Senior management track record of 3 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry as per relevant role
- 3 years’ experience in relevant industry/sector
- Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise (understanding emerging markets advantageous)
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies
- Experience in using analytical techniques to interpret data
- Commercial acumen/insights
- Telecoms (both Fixed and Wireless)
- International finance (Analytical techniques)
- Group policy and practice
- BA, BSc, BEd or HND.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online