Adexen Recruitment Agency – Our client, a multinational company in the Pharmaceutical sector, is currently recruiting to fill the vacant position below to develop and grow their operations in Nigeria:
Job Title: General Manager – Expatriate
Job Reference: 1228
Industry: FMCG – Consumer Goods
- Our client is one of the biggest manufacturers of generic medicine based in France and operating in over 140 countries.
- As an effective operations manager, the General Manager will manage the local business comprising a team of 300 people.
- He/she will establish and achieve short-, medium- and long-term objectives for turnover, gross profit, profitability and return on investment.
- With the Chief Executive Officer (based in France), he/she will validate the company’s strategy and steer its implementation.
- He/she will structure the company around its operational and professional capabilities and will relaunch, as a priority, its promotional activities (Distribution & Promotion among key players in the market, doctors, pharmacists, distributors, etc.).
- He/she will put forward a strategy to develop the product portfolio (identifying and launching products with high potential in Nigeria) and the customer base (for example, by responding to public and private calls for tenders), and develop the company’s brand.
- He/she will coordinate the sales and industrial teams in order to optimise the availability of the entire product portfolio in Nigeria.
- He/she will optimize the production base, and ensure the upkeep, maintenance and security of the site, and the health and safety of all those on site.
- He/she will manage (with the help of dedicated teams) all legal, tax-related, HR, accounting, production, and business development aspects of the local business.
- He/she will provide the CEO France with operational and financial reports for the company.
- He/she will represent the company in dealings with the Nigerian authorities, particularly NAFDAC and public and private institutions.
- With a science degree + a Master’s from a Business School or Business School degree must have 5 to 10 years’ experience in a similar position (in the field of health and/or consumer goods) in an emerging country, a minimum of three of which must have been in Nigeria.
- You have a pragmatic and direct approach with your field teams. A good negotiator, you are able to convince and engage your teams and your partners to achieve your strategic objectives.
- Very attractive expatriate package.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online