The Nigerian Stock Exchange services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets. The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Support Analyst
Division: Capital Market Division
Department: Secondary Market Department
Report to: Head – Secondary Markets Department
Grade: Executive Assistant – Assistant Manager
Estimated Date of Resumption: Wednesday, May 31, 2017
- The Nigerian Stock Exchange, a leading Exchange in Africa that currently offers listing and trading in Equities, ETPs and Bonds, is searching for a Product Support Analyst.
- The Product Support Analyst will assist in all functions pertaining to the Product Management Department, with the overall goal of ensuring that all product lines get the necessary support, in line with the overall goals of the department.
- The Product Support Analyst will not be restricted to any product-line or unit of the department, but his/her responsibilities will cut across the product-lines.
- The candidate will ensure the success of the products by working with all stakeholders (both internal and external).
- Research & provide statistical reports on product (equities, fixed income, ETPs, derivatives/risk products) take-off/performance to be used for strategic planning sessions, presentations and Management briefings
- Research & provide reports on capital market products, and or data to be used for strategic planning sessions, presentations, marketing plan & Management briefings
- Research & provide reports of industry best practice to be used by NSE/ad-hoc research proposals
- Monitor and report on weekly performance of NSE-traded products
- Liaise with other units and departments as and when necessary. Ensure efficiency of the department (administratively)
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Head of Department
- Understand drivers of order flow to the Exchange
- Coordinate and partner with the other Product Management team members in conjunction with other stakeholders, to identify and address key issues that must be resolved before a successful product launch occurs. Serve as gatekeeper, ambassador and product line expert to internal/external parties
- Analyse new product ideas in conjunction with institutional/wholesale distribution and marketing firms to determine success potentials and uniqueness within the industry
- Monitor/interpret product pricing trends and recommend appropriate strategies
- Understand product profitability goals and provide inputs to appropriate financial areas
- Assist in driving the development process once a new product has been approved by all functional areas
- Provide insight and assist marketing on an on-going and proactive basis with respect to product positioning and communication strategies
- Continuously monitor industry trends and competitive environment; recommend initiatives to strengthen market position
- Assist in the preparation of presentations for EXCO and all key stakeholders
- Analytical Thinking
- Strategic Research
- Risk Management
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
Qualifications and Experience
- A First degree in Quantitative or Business related areas
- 2 – 5 years of experience in financial services industry or in an investment product management/marketing role, distribution-related role
- The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position.
Application Closing Date
30th March, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online