Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food, and financial security, and to overcome their special vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts and natural disasters. With more than 3,900 humanitarian workers employed, and an average of 180 projects per year across 25 countries throughout Africa, Latin America and the Middle East, COOPI is the biggest Italian NGO.
COOPI started its operations in North-East Nigeria in July 2014. The COOPI Nigeria Field Office is located in Potiskum, Yobe State, in order to cover five LGAs in Yobe State and to provide direct assistance to the IDPs and their hosting communities, through a multi-sectorial programme covering Food Security, Nutrition and Child Protection interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Management & Information Systems Officer
Location: Potiskum, Yobe State (With frequent travels across the Area of Operations)
Project / Programme: Multi-sectorial intervention towards IDPs in NE Nigeria
Reports to: Project/Programme Manager
Duration of the Project: 8 months (with possible extension)
Donors: ECHO /WFP
Duration of the contract: 8 months (with possible extension)
Starting Date: ASAP
Scope of the Vacancy
- The Management Information System (MIS) Officer will play a key role in implementing COOPI’s Cash Based Interventions in the NE.
- The MIS Officer’s role will include management of the cash based online technologies (Red rose mobile money transfer and SCOPE), management and capacity building of local staff and traders on project information system for greater project reporting and overall impact,
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager, and in collaboration with the Project Managers, Field Coordinators, and other collaborators of the projects and of the Base, he/she will:
- Establishment of an integrated MIS to ensure compliance with donor objectives and methodology
Key activities and responsibilities to achieve this objective:
- Selecting and purchasing appropriate hardware and software
- Working on a red rose platform, mobile money transfer
- To document processes and procedures as required
- Configuring of cash devices ensuring that all are in good working state
- With the support of project management team, review existing data collection tools and systems and adapt to establish short term and long term central management information system platform for projects
- Participate in the development of additional new databases, templates, guidelines and checklists for data collection, collation and analysis and reporting
- Support MIS systems adjustment and adaptation as well as monitoring and evaluation
- Undertake additional activities as requested
- Capacity Building of Staff on MIS technologies
- Undertake regular visits to all project operational areas to support technical capacity in usage and management of MIS and its associated technology.
- Coordinate and share learning related to MIS knowledge, behaviours and practices.
- Generate MIS related reporting on trends in the project context and progress (using graphs, pie charts, bar charts etc) for internal and external reporting in consultation with the program staff.
- Train local field staff, traders/ agents and key community beneficiaries on how to use devices .
- Trouble shooting of devices and top up of cash cars to beneficiaries.
Profile of the Candidate (Education, Training, Competences, Skills)
- Bachelor Degree in IT, MIS, Statistics, Demography or related field with previous experience working in humanitarian projects
Desired Competencies / Skills
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and culturally sensitive
- Minimum two years’ experience working with donor funded programming
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office programming (Access, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, and Word)
- Proven ability to create management information systems for large amounts of data within a complex program
- Knowledge and experience in using database specific software
- Excellent communication, writing and analytical skills
- Fluent in English
- Experience designing and leading capacity building and training for national teams
- Previous experience in M&E, MIS of cash based interventions (i.e. cash for work, cash transfers or cash vouchers)
- IT troubleshooting capabilities
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local context
- Previous humanitarian programming experience
- Knowledge of the local language (Hausa).
According to the experience.
Application Closing Date
20th March, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: email@example.com specifying in the e-mail subject: “Application for MIS Officer in Yobe state”.
E-mail applications inclusive of:
- CV (max 3 pages)
- Cover Letter (max 1 page)
- Scanned copies of certificates (originals to be presented if shortlisted)
- Any late application or incomplete submissions will not be considered and thus will be disregarded immediately.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.