COOPI started its operations in North-East Nigeria in July 2014. The COOPI Nigeria Field Office is located in Potiskum, Yobe State, in order to cover five LGAs in Yobe State and to provide direct assistance to the IDPs and their hosting communities, through a multi-sectorial programme covering Food Security, Nutrition and Child Protection interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cash Based Transfers (CBT) Officer
Project / Programme: Multi-sectorial intervention towards IDPs in NE Nigeria
Reports to: Food Security Coordinator/Project Manager
Duration of the Project: 6 months (with possible extension)
Donors: ECHO /WFP
Duration of the contract: 6 months (with possible extension)
Basic salary:(according to the experience)
Starting Date: ASAP
Scope of the Vacancy
- The CBT Officer (Cash Based Transfer) will be responsible for the management and implementation of COOPI’s Cash and Voucher (ECHO & WFP) funded projects in Yobe & Borno for Internally Displaced Persons and vulnerable Host Populations.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Food Security Coordinator and in collaboration with the Project Managers, and other collaborators of the projects and of the Base, he/she will:
- Undertake Cash and Voucher interventions at LGA level under the direction of the Food Security Coordinator
- Facilitate community mobilization, meetings and trainings during community led Cash activities;
- Work with traditional committees to ensure the identification and selection of the most vulnerable IDPs and host communities and provide information to ensure accountability, fairness and transparency during implementation of activities.
- Work closely with community structures to follow up on implementation of conditional and unconditional cash transfers planned activities
- Support in the implementation of capacity building training for the target beneficiaries at the LGA level.
- Implement detailed work plan for FSL team at LGA level activities.
- Collect information and data on food security at LGA level through surveys, assessments and regular post distribution monitoring of beneficiary households
- Collect information to ensure that the surveillance of the cash transfer situation in the area of implementation of the program is achieving the expected result..
- Support the M&E team in analysis of beneficiary data collection through the various tools that the department uses
- Participate in the registration and distribution of beneficiary ID cards and / vouchers,
- Support the preparation of documentation required for the implementation of field activities
- Mobilization and awareness raising about the organization, program objectives and activities to local authorities and the population, and act as a link between the organization and the beneficiaries (at LGA level)
- Contribute to the development of project community mobilisation strategies for targeting and registration of beneficiaries
- Implement sensitisation activities for targeted communities about Cash Transfer and strengthening livelihood restoration activities with support from SEMA, Extension workers, Community Volunteers, traditional leaders and other key stakeholders in feasible livelihood restoration activities at LGA level.
- Support in the verification of the beneficiaries to ensure the identification and selection of the most vulnerable population is verified before Cash transfer is made.
- Support the Supervisor in ensuring that targeting of beneficiaries to receive cash transfers is carried out in a transparent way and with active participation of women and minority members of communities.
- Facilitate good working relationship between government workers and target beneficiaries.
- Support the Supervisor to ensure that beneficiaries’ access to the provider guarantees protection and gender sensitivity in the field key Activities.
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and assigned by his/her supervisor.
Profile of the Candidate (Education, Training, Competences, Skills)
- Degree/Diploma in Business management, Development Studies, Accounting, Social Sciences, Sociology etc
Desired Competencies / Skills:
- Professional, good organizational capacity, good human relationships, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive
- 1 year relevant work experience
- Experience in the Cash Transfers and social approach
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in Hausa and English
- Good team spirit
- Previous experience with FSL, Cash programming
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy
- Previous experience with INGO/NGO
- Previous humanitarian programming experience
Application Closing Date
20th March, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: email@example.com the applications shoud include the following:
- CV (max 3 pages)
- Cover Letter (max 1 page)
- Scanned copies of University Degrees (originals to be presented if shortlisted)
- Candidates should specify in the e-mail subject: “Application for CBT Officer in Yobe state”.
- Please note that any late application or incomplete submission will not be considered and thus will be disregarded immediately.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.