Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food, and financial security, and to overcome their special vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts and natural disasters. With more than 3,900 humanitarian workers employed, and an average of 180 projects per year across 25 countries throughout Africa, Latin America and the Middle East, COOPI is the biggest Italian NGO.
COOPI started its operations in North-East Nigeria in July 2014. The COOPI Nigeria Field Office is located in Potiskum, Yobe State, in order to cover five LGAs in Yobe State and to provide direct assistance to the IDPs and their hosting communities, through a multi-sectorial programme covering Food Security, Nutrition and Child Protection interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Complaint Response Mechanism Officer
Location: Yobe State (Bade, Damaturu, Jakusko and Potiskum)
Project / Programme: Multi-sectorial intervention towards IDPs in NE Nigeria
Reports to: Project Manager
Duration of the Project: 6 months (with possible extension)
Duration of the contract: 6 months (with possible extension)
Starting Date: ASAP
Scope of the Vacancy
- The Complaints Response Mechanism (CRM) Officer will provide support to COOPI programs implemented towards IDPs in NE Nigeria (FSL, nutrition & child protection) in the management of the beneficiary and stakeholders complaints and feedback mechanisms.
- S/he will ensure that mechanisms are in place in all COOPI programmes to strengthen the quality and accountability of emergency response in regards to information sharing, beneficiaries’ participation, complaints and response
Main Duties / Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, and in collaboration with the Field Coordinators, and other collaborators of the projects and of the Base, he/she will:
- Ensure operationalization of established feedback/accountability mechanism.
- Management of the hotline system for feedback mechanism
- Reporting and referrals of cases reported through the CRM
- Timely feedback to program teams in the field on complaints and concerns raised by communities on project activities.
- Maintenance of an effective record and filing system for all complaints solved and pending issues including correspondences and other related documents for quick and easy reference.
- Send recommendations and practical procedures for reviewing and resolving complaints to the Project Manager
- Communicate and disseminate complaints handling procedures, policies and tools as appropriate to beneficiaries, project staff and other stakeholders.
- Ensure accurate recording of all the data related to the callers in the hotline data base
- Address the queries of callers based on setup hotline while respecting ethical and professional standards
- Analyze data and submit internal and accurate reports to the concerned programs/projects on weekly basis
- Accurately refer cases promptly internally within the departments of the COOPI
- Communicate complaints handling procedures, policies and tools to beneficiaries, project staff and other stakeholders
- Conduct regular spot-checks of BNF awareness on the CRM procedures
- Follow-up and receive weekly feedback, and case status progress related to the internal cases referred to the programs/projects.
Profile of the Candidate (Education, Training, Competences, Skills)
- Degree/Diploma in Social Sciences
- Previous experience working in humanitarian projects
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and a demonstrable understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts.
Desired Competencies / Skills
- 1-2 years CRM related work experience with an iNGO
- Experience in data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing
- Fluency in English
- Ability to plan and organize work and write clear and concise reports and communicate effectively (both in writing and verbally)
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Stable, moral, reliable and robust character and a good team-player
- Excellent communication skills, calm, with a good sense of humour
- Proven commitment to accountability practices
- Excellent Microsoft Office & statistical soft wares skills (Excel, Word, Power point, SPSS, Emails, Skype, Web researchers)
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local context
- Previous humanitarian programming experience
- Knowledge of the local language (Hausa)
According to the experience.
Application Closing Date
20th March, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org specifying in the e-mail subject: “Application for CRM Officer in Yobe”.
E-mail applications inclusive of:
- CV (max 3 pages)
- Cover Letter (max 1 page)
- Scanned copies of certificates (originals to be presented if shortlisted)
- Any late application or incomplete submissions will not be considered and thus will be disregarded immediately.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.