Aquarian Consult Limited – Our client, MRS Oil & Gas Company Limited, is an African conglomerate in diverse activities, yet focused on capturing the entire value chain in oil trading, shipping, storage, distribution and retailing.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MS SharePoint Administrator
Location: MRS Tincan, Lagos
Reports to: Information Technology Manager
Internal Working Relationship: All Departments, Related Business Units and Locations
Supervises: Interns (IT Students) ; Help-Desk, Vendors
External Working Relationships: Microsoft Inc.
The SharePoint Administrator will be responsible for providing technical support for the SharePoint environment including assessment and implementation of new capabilities, and providing IT long-term perspective on the relationship of SharePoint technology to the business opportunities facing the company.
SharePoint Site Administration:
- Site creation, permission management, content management;
- Gathers requirements, analyzes and implements SharePoint to meet customer and business requirements;
- Provides guidance to business units on structure of their sites;
- Implement custom workflow to automate business process;
- Leads and facilitates information gathering sessions to validate business cases, gathers and documents business and functional objectives;
- Manages customer relationships by communicating SharePoint architecture standards and Framework; answers questions; resolves concern and issues;
- Increases organization effectiveness by identifying opportunities to leverage solutions to other engagements;
- Triages Tier 2 SharePoint issues escalated from the Tier 1 help desk and communicates directly with SharePoint users to resolve, escalate, and reroute SharePoint trouble tickets using standard operating procedures to determine severity and impact;
- Assists users in leveraging Enterprise Features; and
- Assists in creating end-user and technical documentation and training material.
SharePoint Online Server Administration:
- Configuration and maintenance of SharePoint Server;
- Administers & manages the SharePoint farms and databases;
- Defines, implements, maintains and enforces SharePoint Governance policies;
- Ensures the integrity and security of SharePoint data in accordance with business needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance;
- Performs and tests routine SharePoint backups and restores;
- Anticipates, mitigates, identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves SharePoint problems and escalates incidents as necessary;
- Supports application development teams and system administrators throughout project Page 2 of 3 lifecycles;
- Performs system monitoring and log analysis;
- Recommends and performs software upgrades, patches and reconfigurations;
- Maintains policies and procedures for SharePoint administration;
- Performs system/process analysis to evaluate security levels, system utilization and growth projections;
- Identifies and resolves performance or stability issues through performance tuning, proper system design, and patching;
- Researches, stages and oversees new roll outs and upgrades for various applications and hardware to maximize integrity and efficiency of the system;
- Supports the installation, configuration, security, operation, and maintenance of all web portal servers, equipment, and software related to SharePoint infrastructure;
- Participates in full life-cycle development of SharePoint including planning and execution of tasks related to the evaluation of new SharePoint based initiatives (Upgrade Versions,Third-Party Solutions, Integration with additional Enterprise Systems);
- Deploys new functionality and/or enhancements to SharePoint functionality;
- Proactively manages and supports the day-to-day system management tasks such as trouble-shooting, backup management and performance tuning;
- Ensures uniform navigation throughout sites; and
- Participates in the planning and implementation of new SharePoint initiatives which includes interfacing SharePoint to new products, third-party solutions and all enterprise application systems.
Research SharePoint Application & Business Need:
- Conducting general research on current IT technologies related to SharePoint with duties including but not limited to:
- Conducting research related to updates, patches, upgrades, new software, industry standards, best practices, etc. to keep up-to- date with new SharePoint technologies.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Key Performance Indicators:
- High Systems Availability.
- Reduced Complaints from End Users.
- Timely Incident Re
- Timely Recovery from Disaster
- End Users’ Competence in System Usage.
- A Bachelor’s Degree, or HND In Information Technology, Computer Science/Engineering, or related discipline.
- MS SharePoint Server Administration Professional Certification would be an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Working knowledge of SharePoint Central Admin;
- Working knowledge of Application support and experience with SharePoint and Windows SharePoint Services (WSS);
- Working knowledge of InfoPath Form development and deployment; Working knowledge of workflows, both Out of the Box (OOTB) and custom through SharePoint Designer;
- Working knowledge of defining and executing SharePoint governance;
- Working knowledge of documenting and maintaining configuration and process information;
- Working knowledge of handling export/import, backup/restore of SharePoint Farm Site Collections and team sites;
- Working knowledge of the various roles within a SharePoint environment and knowledge of best-practices with regard to placement of those roles within the environment;
- Some knowledge of research, analysis and reporting methods;
- Some knowledge and understanding of views, web parts, security and other customizations;
- Some knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, SQL server and networks; Some knowledge of Windows PowerShell and SharePoint command line tools (STSADM);
- Some knowledge of Microsoft Internet Information Systems (IIS 7);
- Some knowledge of installing, configuring, and supporting SharePoint farm environment; Knowledge of research, analysis and reporting methods; Knowledge of SQL server administration;
- Knowledge of SharePoint development and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET; Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience;
- A Minimum Of 5 years Experience in MS SharePoint Server Administration.
- Good understanding SQL, T-SQL, DC, MS Azure, SharePoint Online,
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Assertive and driven
- Resilient and committed
- Inspires and nurtures growth
- Integrity and ethics
Physical & Other:
- Travel within and Outside Nigeria may be required.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com Ensure that the subject of your email is the Job Title