MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cloud Solutions Architect
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Reporting Line: Cloud Solutions Manager
- The Cloud Solutions Architect will provide technical and business consultative leadership throughout the technical life cycle of cloud solutions.
- He/she will be involved from pre-sales cloud solution formulation through system deployment; including bid preparation and customer interface resulting in cloud solutions architecture proposals.
- The Cloud Solutions Architect will develop and articulate cloud solutions based on a customer’s strategic business or technical requirements ascertained from working with multiple business units across the customer’s organization.
- The Cloud Solutions Architect will design cloud solutions for Managed Service customers in line with ITIL and/or industry best practice.
- He/she will manage and develop strategic partnerships with third party suppliers and other internal stakeholders for Cloud Aggregators or Managed Service Providers.
The specific responsibilities shall include:
- Provide technical and business consultative leadership throughout the technical life cycle of cloud solutions.
- Will be involved from pre-sales cloud solution formulation through system deployment; as well as bid preparation and customer interface resulting in cloud solutions architecture proposals.
- Develop and articulate cloud solutions based on customers’ strategic business/technical requirements ascertained from working with multiple business units across the customers’ organization.
- Design cloud solutions for Managed Service customers in line with ITIL and/or industry best practice.
- Drive major cloud initiatives with a focus on the bottom line impact.
- Manage and develop strategic partnerships with third party suppliers and internal stakeholders for Cloud Aggregators or Managed Service Providers.
- Ensure quality, up to date documentation are maintained for all cloud service arrangements.
- Coordinate with the sales team in formulating and building up proposals, including making technical demos and presentations to customers.
Communications and Work Relationships:
- The successful candidate will be required to work closely with the:
- Technical team (IP ,Operations Support, Technical Sales)
- Information Technology (IT) team
- Service Delivery team
- Sales team
- BSc in Computer Science, Information Technology or related technical degree.
- Minimum 5 years of experience architecting cloud solutions.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a virtualization environment
- Certifications in Linux, Hyper-V, Windows Server, Microsoft System Centre, VMware, Storage, and other Cloud Technologies considered a plus for this position.
- Experience with VMware products (vSphere, vCloud Director)
- ITIL, Prince2/PMP certifications are strongly desired.
- Cisco CCNA/CCDA and experience using Cisco equipment essential.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience across the business development lifecycle (Business Development, Capture, Solution Architect, Pricing and Proposal Development)
- 3-4 years of experience in designing, architecture, and implementing enterprise applications and systems.
- At least five (5-6) years industry experience
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud Services. Certification in Azure or any formal training preferred
- Thorough understanding of Cloud Computing and Virtualization.
- Demonstrable experience with infrastructure (hypervisors, networking, storage, load balancers, firewalls, monitoring etc.)
- Experience, knowledge and ability to cloud solution service offering across all three tiers:
- Infrastructure (including outsourcing best practices, transition, and ITIL)
- Application Development and Maintenance
- System Integration and Management
- Experience with Microsoft public, hybrid and private cloud will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of Radio/Microwave and terrestrial transmission systems.
- Holistic understanding of internet and hosting from the network layer up through the application layer
- Outstanding understanding of available cloud technologies
- Demonstrated ability to conduct technical studies and evaluations of business requirements – and successful implementations of recommended solutions
- Familiar with application design best practices
- Experience with Security devices (Firewalls e.t.c.)
- Experience of Network configuration
- Must have strong Windows/Linux/Unix skills.
- Experience in migrating applications to the Cloud environments; reviewing and evaluating potential solutions for external/internal customers.
- Experience relating business requirements to system and infrastructure components and designing the bill of materials for a project.
- Creative and innovative approach.
- Proactive with a positive ‘can do’ approach.
- Sound commercial business understanding and risk awareness.
- Excellent presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
Demands of the Job:
- Ability to work long hours and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online
Note: When the page opens, click on “Cloud Solutions Architect”