A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cloud Operations Specialist
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Reporting Line: Cloud Operations Manager
- Will be responsible for day to day operations and support of the cloud infrastructure and solutions particularly Microsoft Windows System Center Suite of Solutions.
- Provide configuration, support and upgrades of cloud infrastructure (Storage, Servers and Network).
- Working with customers to resolve issues.
- Monitoring and ensuring maximum uptime on existing hardware/networks.
- Ensuring the proper deployment of new Cloud hardware, including servers, switches and storage arrays.
- Managing and containing business risk as it pertains to the Cloud infrastructure.
- Providing timely and effective responses and updates to work tickets and other requests.
- Documentation in the form of basic how to documents, design documentation, performance reporting as well as operational procedures.
- Performance monitoring and tuning the environment to achieve high performance
- Handle escalations in a high pressure environment
- Support capacity and growth of the cloud environment.
- Support ticket / queue management.
- Performing software, hardware and network maintenance and configuration changes as required.
- Identifying, recommending and implementing potential improvements to service efficiency.
- Drive major initiatives forward while consistently thinking of the bottom-line impact of the efforts.
- Contribute proactively to new service development.
- Ensure quality, up-to-date documentation exists for all service arrangements
Communications and Work Relationships:
- The Cloud Operations Specialist will report directly to the Cloud Operations Manager.
- And will also work closely with members of the Cloud team, Managed Services, Technical Sales, Project Management, Service delivery and other teams as required from time to time
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Information Communication Technology or Engineering
- Microsoft Certifications (MCSE,CCNA,CCNP,VCP,FCNA,FCNP) are strongly desired
- Certifications in Linux, Hyper-V, Windows Server, Microsoft System Centre, VMware, Storage, and other Cloud Technologies considered a plus for this position.
- At least five years industry experience
- Hands on implementation, maintaining, and troubleshooting of complex virtualized environments
- Thorough understanding of virtualization/cloud technologies & Architectures(Microsoft, VMware)
- Experience with Microsoft system center (VMM,SCOM,DPM e.t.c) Windows Azure Pack
- Linux/Windows server system Administration
- Operations programing experience in Shell (Bash, KSH),
- Experience with managing modern X86 blade/rack mount servers
- Experience with managing and administering storage arrays
- Experience managing and configuring network devices
- Experience with configuration management tools
- Experience administering a 24/7 high-availability production environment
- Experience with relational database technologies such as Oracle/ Mysql/Microsoft SQL
- Understanding of TCP/IP LAN/WAN networking technologies and troubleshooting techniques
- Strong familiarity with security as it applies to software, system and network engineering
- A strong desire to troubleshoot problems and then distill processes into procedures, including documentation for both knowledge sharing and training of new employees
- Ability to communicate effectively emphasizing written and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to document both process and procedure as well as existing and new infrastructure.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and comfortable in global working environment.
- Good at building and cultivating team work.
- Familiarity with ITIL processes would be an advantage
- Understanding of Cloud Computing and Virtualization.
- Experience with Windows/Linux/Unix is considered a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft public, hybrid and private cloud will be an added advantage
Demands of the Job
- Problem solving ability
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to take ownership
- Prioritizing ability
- Troubleshooting ability
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online
Note: When the page opens, click on “Cloud Operations Specialist”