MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cloud Network Engineer
Job code: CNE001
Reporting Line: Cloud Operations Manager
- Handle end to end integration/operations/Support of L2/L3/IPsec services on the cloud platform
- Provide network deployment, configuration, support and upgrades of Firewalls, Load balancers, WAN accelerators, Switches, Routers as well VPN services.
- Documentation of networking procedures, design documentation, Performance and Reporting as well as operational procedures.
- Provide second level support for cloud customer complaints especially for network infrastructure related problems
- Support ticket / queue management
- Provide support to Manage IP address’ and scopes as well as DNS records
- Perform software, hardware and network maintenance and configuration changes as required.
- Identify, recommend and implement potential improvements to service efficiency.
- Driver move major initiatives forward while consistently thinking of the bottom-line impact of the efforts.
- Ensure quality, up-to-date documentation exists for all service arrangements
Communications and Work Relationships:
- The Cloud Network Engineer will report directly to the Cloud Operations Manager
- Will work closely with members of the Cloud team, Managed Services, GNOC, Technical Sales, Project Management, Service delivery and members of other teams as required from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Information Communication Technology or Engineering
- Network/Security Certifications (CCNA,CCNP,FCNA,FCNP) is strongly desired
- Certifications in Linux, Hyper-V, Windows Server, Microsoft System Centre, VMware, Storage, and other Cloud Technologies considered a plus for this position.
- At least 5 years industry experience in a networking/virtualized environment
- Thorough understanding of network protocols: TCP/IP, OSPF, SIP, MPLS/EVPL, BGP, RIP e.t.c.
- Experience with software defined networks (Microsoft HNV, VMware NSX, Cisco ACI)
- Must have strong Network Virtualization/Networking/Network Security skills
- Extensive knowledge of both layer 3 and layer 7 Firewalls and IDS/IPS particularly with Fortinet/Cisco
- Strong Routing and Switching skills and experience
- Proficiency with Network load balancing appliances particularly with F5 /Kemp devices
- Experience with IPSEC/SSL VPN setup and support strongly desired
- Ability to communicate effectively emphasizing written, oral and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with ITIL processes would be an advantage
- Understanding of Cloud Computing and Virtualization.
- Experience with Windows/Linux/Unix is considered a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft public, hybrid and private cloud will be an added advantage.
Demands of the Job:
- Problem solving ability
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to take ownership
- Prioritizing ability
- Troubleshooting ability
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: When the page opens, click on “Cloud Network Engineer”