Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: System Administrator
Job ID: 21834
Location: Lagos Island, Nigeria
Job Sector: Information Technology and Services
- Group Information Technology: systems development, business analysis, architecture, project management, data warehousing, infrastructure, maintenance and production
- This position is responsible for systems administration and providing communication and feedback to other team members.
- Support all SAN Storage along with backup and recovery solutions in the Bank; provide enterprise storage, data backup and recovery support.
- Accountable for contributing to the technical architecture, stability, resiliency, and general health related to data storage, backup and recovery solutions.
- Administrator of AIX/Linux servers.
- Administer the IBM HMC connected to all AIX systems.
- IBM LPAR Management with PowerVM.
- Design and implement system resource plans for upcomingapplications.
- Produce metric reports and capacity planning reports as needed to support the Unix environments.
- Secondary administer of various Redhat servers in the environment.
- Assist in planning/implementing installation and Disaster Recovery for hosted applications.
- Ensure all Unix/Linux based servers are adhering to change control and standard policies.
- Working with customers both internal and external to troubleshoot incidents.
- Maintaining documentation regarding the Unix/Linux environments.
- On call 24/7 x 365 for emergencies and a shift based monitoring schedule.
- Ensure all Unix/Linux boxes are working optimally and in a state of stability to deliver round the clock service.
- Support for all SAN and backup and recovery systems in the enterprise.
- Participating in disaster recovery tests and planning.
- Partnering with peers and management to make informed strategic/big-picture decisions as regards storage and server infrastructure.
- Performing standard Storage system administration responsibilities.
- Perform pro-active support functions and reporting to maintain the integrity of the enterprise equipment and infrastructure.
- Contributes to the design and support of enterprise SAN and backup systems including technical architecture, stability, and platforms.
- As needed, contribute to the design, implementation and maintenance of storage and backup for Mainframe, Unix , Linux, VMWare, and Wintel Servers.
- Be willing and available to provide after hours and on-call support.
- Be willing and available to travel as required.
- Participate in the assessment and optimization of the server systems, through systems monitoring, statistics, and daily health checks. Work with management to ensure accurate reporting KPIs and trends for all facets of the environment.
- Working with management, coordinates service calls and schedules appointments with software vendor and consultants to ensure satisfactory resolution of problems and malfunctions.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Good Degree in sciences.
- Diploma in Data processing.
- IT programming experience will be beneficial.
- Knowledge/Technical Skills/Expertise.
- Must be service oriented.
- Relationship Management.
- Good logic and problem solving skills.
- Good knowledge on ITIL processes.
- Issues Management.
Application Closing Date
8th March, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online