Priority Recruitment Nigeria – Our client, a leading indigenous downstream Oil and Gas company in Nigeria, as a result of expansion and new business opportunities within the group, we seek for immediate employment professionals with cognate work experience, strong academic credentials and the right attitude to work who will deliver value to stakeholders.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Group Head, Treasury and Financial Control
Location: Any City, Nigeria
- Reporting to the GED, this position is responsible for financial reporting and liquidity management of the SBUs and the Group.
- He/she will ensure optimal allocation of the group’s financial resources as well as complete and accurate maintenance of treasury/financial records in such a manner as to optimize the liquidity position of the group and mitigate financial, business and reputational risks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise management and provide inputs on the funding and cash-flow implications of the group’s strategy, goals and plans
- Manage the liquidity of the group and ensure that cash is readily available to meet the financial obligations on a need basis
- Build and maintain relevant banking relationships to ensure availability of funds, secure favourable banking terms and rates and proper management of the accounts of the Group
- Keep up-to-date with the industry’s current tax practices and policies.
- Make recommendations to executive management on the formulation of strategic, long-term business plans to minimise financial risk.
- Advise management on the judicious investment of surplus funds.
- Advise executive management on changes in financial regulations, legislation as well as changes in competition and market trends.
- Coordinate the corporate budget preparation process and support Departments in the formulation of cost management measures.
- Provide financial advice on the group’s short, medium and long term cash/ funding/ risk situation to management
- Develop and implement a robust and reliable financial reporting system for the Group
- Generate statutory financial reports and statements for the group as at when due
- Develop and manage relationships with relevant external bodies e.g. regulatory organisations in the downstream sector, auditors, solicitors, banks, etc.
- Manage foreign exchange risks and interest rate exposures.
- Review performance of financial service providers on a regular basis and take steps to discontinue high-risk relationships
- Perform other functions as may be delegated by the Group Executive Director (GED)
Qualifications and Experiences
- Minimum of a B.Sc. degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any related discipline (Second Class Upper Division/ HND Upper Credit)
- Minimum of 12 years relevant experience, 5 of which must have been in a management position of an organisation, interfacing with the executive team and financial partners
- Relevant professional certifications e.g. Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) , Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria or any other recognised professional financial body
- Experience of statutory financial reporting and knowledge of GAAP, IFRS
- A postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline would be an added advantage
Application Closing Date
28th March, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letters and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job position as email subject