Dangote Group is one of the most diversified business conglomerates in Africa with a hard-earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Construction Health and Safety Officer
- The H&S Officer is an integral part of the Project Site HSE structure
- He/ She will support the HSE Manager to achieve the HSE objectives for the Project
- The incumbent will enforce compliance and will have extensive interface with Project operations teams, contractors, subcontractors and other internal stakeholders.
- Develop, review and update Project H&S plans and SOPs
- Work with the Project in improving H&S targets and relevant leading and lagging H&S KPIs and monitor progress of Project in achieving targets
- Provide advice to Project staff, enhancing awareness of H&S issues likely to have material H&S risk to the Project
- Assist in identifying training needs and provide relevant training interventions; Contribute to the embedding of a culture of compliance and ethical behaviour in the Project
Desired Qualifications/Preferred Competencies
- Excellent technical capabilities
- Strong knowledge of Construction H&S
- Possess a style of clear and effective communication, both oral and written
- Able to differentiate between negligible H&S issues and issues of possible material impact and escalation triggers
- Negotiation/dispute mitigation skill as well as good presentation skills
- Minimum of 5 years’ operational experience in Heavy Engineering Construction or Oil & Gas Manufacturing Industry and/or Chemical (preferred).
Application Closing Date
8th March, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online