We are recruiting to fill the position below:.
Job Title: Community Relations Manager (CRM)
Function/Domain: Corporate Communications
- The primary role of the CRM is the development and implementation of a community development strategy in line with Project objectives.
- The CRM will lead the team in managing community relations strategy within the Project target areas that will assist local people to:
- Identify issues and find solutions to their own needs.
- Work together in taking action on the issues identified.
- Support the development of local governance within the community and build their confidence and skills to participate.
Design and implementation of community development strategy:
- Work with the Project Management, Group General Manager Corporate Relations, Group Social Manager, existing Community Based Organizations and community groups/local institutions (elders, men, women and youth) in developing a community development strategy that has clear guidelines, maintains confidentiality, a mechanism for follow up work and clearly fits in with the aims, objectives and actions for implementation over the next 5 years.
Desired Qualification/Preferred Competencies
- A Degree in Sociology, Community or Rural Development, Political Science, Humanities or related fields.
- A Master Degree in related field would be an added advantage
- At least 10 years working experience in similar role at a management position.
- Proactive personality with ability to work independently.
- Vast knowledge community related issues in the oil and gas sector.
- Proven Conflict Resolution skills.
- Certified Project Management Skills.
- Ability to deliver training programmes.
Application Closing Date
10th March, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online