Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture.
We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Officer, Trade Operations – Imports & Exports
Job ID: 544165
Location: Lagos, Nigeria – SCB
Job Function: COO
Full/Part Time: Full time
- Ensure smooth functioning of LC payments.
- Organization of work flow to achieve maximum productivity.
- Ensure that LC related products/applications/documents are processed against laid down procedures, service standards and key control standards.
- Ensure compliance of all internal procedures, operational controls local regulation and ICC rules.
Import Letters on Credit:
- Ensure that claims on LCs are promptly attended to.
- Advice inability to process immediately to all stakeholders.
- Ensure that issuance of Letter of Credit is in line with local and international standards.
- Ensure that the DOI is followed in processing and continuously reviewed to reflect current operations. Seek dispensation for all non compliance.
- Follow through with the advising bank and ensure that LC are advised promptly and provide clarifications where required.
Export Letters of Credit:
- Letters to be advised same day if authenticity of the message is established.
- Ensure same day TAT on chasing and settlement of proceeds.
- Ensure revenue is realized on received export LCs.
- Process and dispatch documents within 24hours of receipt
- Monitor Nostro reports for prompt closure of pending items.
- Ensure that payment requests with complete documentation are treated in line with SLA to avoid ageing of deal in FX recons/EPAD.
- Submission of reconciliation daily by 5 p.m
- Provide all necessary assistance to ensure nil overdue items in reconciliations.
- Trade Pending.
- Daily DTR305 reports.
- Daily status report on FX recons.
- Unutilized LC report.
- Clean running reports.
- Processing customer transaction in line with agreed SLA.
- Ensure that all customer queries and requests are responded to within 24 hours after receipt.
- Maintain comprehensive register for all products.
- Monitor and ensure end to end consummation of all processes under my role.
- Adequate start of day and end of day processes to ensure operational safety.
- Track and follow through for successful delivery of all transaction processed.
Qualifications and Skills
- University qualification with a minimum of a second class degree.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online